Monday, March 6, 2017

The first week after being transferred is always a busy one. Thankfully I am all un-packed and starting to learn all about my new area. My companion, Elder Higashi, is the best. He is from Londrina, Paraná, Brazil. He is very smart and hardworking. We should stick together until May when he finishes his mission. I'm very excited to work with him!

On transfer day there was a huge party on the street going on right outside the mission office, so that made for some changes in the schedule. Instead of receiving training, the new missionaries went straight to their new areas after we ate lunch at the mission home. It was a great experience to see a group of brand new missionaries coming into the field. There were 4 Americans out of the 14 new missionaries.

We have mission council tomorrow which I'm excited for. Then in the next few weeks we will have zone conferences. We will also do an exchange with some zone leaders. It will be a good opportunity for me to get lost in my new area and thus learn the streets here out of necessity.

Yesterday at church I had a spiritual experience. I was sitting there shile the sacrament was being distributed and I felt the strongest impression I'm where I'm supposed to be. I know that Heavenly Father is guiding me and will lead me to those who are prepared to hear the gospel. It's a privilege to be a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Love you guys! Have a great week!

Elder Searle
125116





No comments:

Post a Comment