Monday, November 28, 2016

This week was full of good stuff! We did two exchanges and were able to teach quite a bit. 

In the first exchange I worked with a brand new missionary named Elder Cook! He is super awesome and is having a great start to his mission. His trainer is Elder Soares, who was my companion in Janaúba. It was great to be with him. It reminded me of the start of my mission. The language is always a big challenge. Elder Cook is learning really fast though and I was able to give him some tips! We found a new family to teach on the exchange as well.

I also got to do an exchange with Elder Gregatto which was great! I was in his District in Divinópolis when he got to the mission. He is funny and a really good missionary. And of course, in both of the exchanges we ate açaí.

On Saturday a member named Antônio surprised us with an early Christmas present! He got us some shirts from his favorite soccer team, Galo. I will send a pic with us three! Brazillians are really crazy about soccer and he was happy that I would be a Galo fan from here on out.

This week we had a few disappointments with investigators, but we are already finding some new ones thankfully. We are teaching a lady named Luciana, who owns a little store by our house. She found out that her cousin is a member of the church and is showing quite a bit of interest! Also, we are teaching the family that Elder Cook and I found on the exchange. They are reading the Book of Mormon and progressing well.

I was also really happy to get some good news today. Two investigators were baptized in Janaúba! One is Farley, the husband of Eliane, who got baptized when i was there, and the other Josilane, who Elder Carvalho and I taught when I was there. It looks like the branch there will soon become a ward and I'm super excited!!

Well, other than that, I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a great start to the Christmas Season! Check out the church's new video for Christmas if you haven't already! It's so amazing. Love you guys!

Elder Searle
124985






No comments:

Post a Comment