Monday, November 14, 2016

Good morning guys!

This week was interesting with the U.S. elections. It was full of people asking me what I thought about the new President and me trying to change the subject because politics never helped anyone's spiritual progression. Anyways, I'ts good to know that no matter what happens politically that the Lord is in control.

We visited a few perspective elders this week and had a rather humorous experience. The man thought we were both american and was convinced that the spirits of the dead Kennedy brothers had sent us to comfort him. He cried a lot as he recounted the story of President Kennedy's assassination and told us about his love for him and his brothers. I felt bad for him because he couldn't seem to stop crying. He affirmed that the Kennedy's were with us during that moment.

This weekend was good! Melissa was baptized on Saturday and it was super spiritual! She bore her testimony in the meeting and said that she became so much happier after she left the water. We are starting to work with her dad who I think also has a chance of joining the church. Melissa also made us dinner during the week. It was like a 4 course meal and I think I ate more than I ever have in my life. She cooks pretty well. Unfortunately, she went to travel Sunday morning really early, but has asked me to confirm her in the next sacrament meeting when she gets back.

Yesterday our ward mission leader, E. Volino, and I talked in sacrament meeting. I talked about preaching the gospel, my companion about member missionary work, and our ward mission leader basically put everyone in tears and with a new resolve to do missionary work. It was great.

Also, our bishop here got sick yesterday and wasn't able to come to church. We had a pretty cool experience because at the end of the day we both felt the need to visit him. When we got there he told us how no one in the ward had visited him. We were able to give him the sacrament and talk quite a bit. It was nice to see his spirits lifted. I know that the Holy Spirit really directs us where to go, what to say, and what to do.

I love you guys! Have a great week!!

Elder Searle
122022
Bad translation :)

Acai

Dinner with Melissa

Melissa's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment