Monday, November 7, 2016

Happy November!

Wow, 2016 is really flying by. It seems like yesterday was Christmas. Well, I don't have too much news, but it was a great week!

I went to my first leadership council on Tuesday. I learned a lot. President Fernandes really knows the scriptures well. He talked a lot about the new goals for the mission and how we are going to achieve them. It was a wonderful experience to see some missionaries I hadn't seen in a long time as well!

On Thursday I conducted our Zone Meeting, which went really well! It's funny, because all 3 of the missionaries in my first District in Janaúba are now in my Zone. We took a picture together for old times sake.

We have an investigator named Melissa who is really progressing well. We started teaching her my first week here and yesterday she came to church for the second time in a row! She wants to be baptized which is really helping her to progress. She treats us like kings whenever we visit her and is always making us food. Her testimony is strong and she is loving the church. I know she was prepared to hear the gospel.

Other than that, I will begin teaching English again next week. It should be a good experience as always. Oh, and I'm giving a talk in Sacrament Meeting next week. Apparently, the missionaries talk every month here. I am loving getting to know the members and people here and it's been a good first couple of week! I love you guys!

Elder Searle
100159

No comments:

Post a Comment