Monday, October 17, 2016

It was a busy week!

This week we did a lot of things. First off, I am now teaching the beginning and the advanced English class at church. The course continues to grow and the people are really enjoying it. I have learned to like teaching as well. We learned about commerce in the advanced class this week and I told the class my story about buying a unicycle which they found quite entertaining.

During the week we traveled to Montes Claros by taxi to do interviews with our mission president. It was a good time and he gave us some nice compliments on the work being done in Janaúba. After the interview I felt like I would be transferred this week. We will just have to wait and see!

This last weekend was our District Conference so once again we traveled to Montes Claros. It was an amazing experience! Two of the men I baptized here, Honorato and Jaime, received the Melchizedek Priesthood!! And Gentil also received, who I was able to interview for baptism. It is amazing to see how much these men have progressed in the gospel and how well the Branch has taken care of them during these past months.

I am doing a speed read of the Book of Mormon. Erica, who was baptized a couple months ago, read it in a little over 2 months and I am determined to beat her record by reading it in 50 days. I've made it to page 100 in 9 days so I'm on a good track.

So Deborah is progressing nicely. She missed her church for the second time in a row and came to the conference with us! She had quite the courage because we had to leave really early by bus and get back at 3pm. But she really enjoyed it and is reading quite a bit of the Book of Mormon. 

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I know that God loves his children and desires the best for them. I see His blessings being poured out on the obedient. I know that He fulfills His promises. 

I will send some pictures from the travels and the conference! I love you guys. Have a great week!

Elder Searle
125071





No comments:

Post a Comment