Monday, August 1, 2016

Well yesterday we had transfers and our district is going to change quite a bit! Elder Soares got transfered and my new companion will be Elder Carvalho!! I know him from my last transfer in Divinópolis when he was serving in the other ward there. He is a great missionary and I'm excited to be his companion!! Also, Elder Malaquias is leaving and Elder Bishop will take his place. I don't know him, but he is american. They will get here tomorrow. ​My first transfer in Janaúba was a great experience for me and it will be good to stay here. I'm learning a lot about leadership and love. It's a little bit different now because I have to worry about more missionaries than just myself. But it's good.

Other than that, this week was good! A member gave us a reference and because of that reference we found what we like to call the "Narnia" of Janaúba. I'm pretty sure no other missionary has gone there before, because no one has heard about the church nor goes to any church. And it's only like 10 min away from the chapel! We have been teaching a lot of people on a single street there where it's basically one big family. The bad part is that no one is legally married there. But the good part is that there are a lot of young, single people that are 18/19/20 years old who are really enjoying the lessons and the Book of Mormon. We were able to bring lots of people to church from that street and they all loved it! We will be working with them during this week as well.

Yesterday we were able to have a really good sacrament meeting! For the second time since I've got here there was an attendance of more than 100 people!! So that was good. We are really trying to make our goal of having 120 in sacrament meeting, which has never yet happened in the history of this branch. I think it will be possible especially as we find even more people this week!

I'm not sure how to feel about the fact that half of my mission is over. It feels pretty weird not to be one of the newer missionaries anymore. I don't think I would change a thing about my mission thus far and I'm very grateful to be a missionary!

I love you guys! Have a wonderful week!!

Elder Searle
(I forgot my pedometer at home and forgot to add up my steps, sorry!)
Elder Searle and Honorato at church

Farm people blasting music

No comments:

Post a Comment