Monday, July 25, 2016

Well this week was full of adventures! It was a really fun week for me and I am happy that the Lord is blessing us so much here.

I was able to do my second baptismal interview this week for a woman named Luciene! It was a good experience for me and I learned a lot. She has a strong testimony and as really made some changes in her life in order to be baptized. At the end of the interview she asked me to be the one to baptize her. She was baptized on Saturday along with Honorao, which was definitely the highlight of this week!

Honorato is an English teacher that we have been teaching for the past 4 weeks. We found him on a Saturday night at the house of an ex-investigator. I invited him to come to church, he accepted, and we walked with him the next day from his house to the church. He was pretty much elect because he is super willing to do anything God asks him to do and he didn't even drink coffee when we found him. He is married and has two sons, one of which is a chemical engineer! His wife is really catholic, but she actually started participating in the message when we visited them yesterday! Honorato has a few old cars and some fruit trees. He had me climb a small tree this week and pick a fruit named pinha. I put on his safari hat to pick it. Pinha basically has the taste of a sweet avocado.

Anyways, that baptism meeting was awesome because we finally got the baptismal font to fill up completely and there was a really strong spirit in the meeting. I taught my district to sing "I am a Child of God" in English, which we sang to Honorato. Daniel, a recent convert of 8 months, baptized Honorato. And it was his first time baptizing anyone! Daniel visited Honorato with us quite a bit while he prepared for baptism and it was cool to see them become great friends!

Other than that, we were able to find quite a few new investigators this week. Unfortunately I don't see a ton o potential in most of them because they all bailed on us with coming to church. But this week we will find better investigators and help those who need a little more help.

A lot of people are starting to get allergies here as well, including me. Janaúba is a very dusty city and I'm getting congested a lot. Thankfully Sister Fernandes helped me find some good medicine that's helping.

I think that's about it for this week. I love you guys! I feel my love for God's children growing as I work as a missionary. I know that I'm a child of God and that He loves me enough to bless me with everything I need. I know that the Savior lives and that He atoned for my sins. I love His gospel and the chance it gives me to start over again.

Have a great week!

Elder Searle
12248
Pinha

Elder Searle and Daniel

Luciene and Honorato's Baptism

Honorato and Daniel

Elder Searle, Daniel and Honorato

No comments:

Post a Comment