Monday, March 28, 2016

Feliz Páscoa!

I hope this Easter weekend was a good one for everyone. It was really spiritual for me! I was studying about the resurrection and found some verses I really like. Mosiah 16:8-9

"But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ."

"He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."

They are verses I have read many times before, but reading them in a different language kind of opened my mind to how much it means. Christ really opened the eternities up for us through his sacrifice and resurrection. I love the doctrine of Christ!

On Sunday our ward had a super cool Sacrament Meeting. Our bishop and one of the counselors from the Stake Presidency spoke about the death and resurrection of Christ. In Priesthood meeting, Wellington, Julio, and Nathanael all received the Aaronic Priesthood. That was one of the coolest things ever! Julio was called to be a ward missionary too and will start helping teach the recent converts the missionary lessons again.

Our teaching pool grew a bit this week. Wellington and Bruna take care of a boy who is growing up in kind of a hard situation and we have started teaching him. He has been going to church with them for a month, but he may need even more time because he is young and it's not his whole family that would be baptized. His name is Gabriel. We are also working with another child of a less active named Kauan and we are still teaching Cida, Bruna and Denise's mom.

A lot of funny things happened this week too. I'm hoping I will be able to send a few videos of our adventures. We made a friend, became the first horse-riding missionaries, and Elder Otávio decided to be very silly in general. It looks like I'm able to send some short videos so I hope you all enjoy.

Speaking of my companion, we are fearful that on Sunday we could get a phone call separating us. Transfers are upon us and anything could happen. He has been here for 6 months so he could get transferred. I will let you know what happens next week!

I love you guys! Have a great week and enjoy listening to the Prophet's voice this weekend.

Elder Searle
119039
Our new friend :)

Best Acai yet in Brazil

We found Narnia

Elder Otavio being silly with a cat





No comments:

Post a Comment