Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Happy Memorial Day!

Even though I'm not quite as patriotic as I should or would like to be, I sure am grateful for the country I was born in and the blessings I enjoy because of those who gave their lives for our freedom. Being out of the country has really opened my eyes as to the rights we enjoy in the States.

This week was really pretty good! Some exciting things have taken place here. On Monday Bruna found out that she is pregnant and it looks like she will have the baby in that same month that her and Wellington complete one year as members of the church! And Wellington was called as the first counselor in the Young Men's organization!! I am so excited and happy for them.

We also started a "New Members Choir" in our ward. Yesterday was our first practice and we will sing in sacrament meeting on the 19 of June. It was our ward mission leader's idea and it's actually pretty clever because it gives another responsibility to all the recent converts and it also gives us the chance to teach a post-baptism lesson to everyone together each Sunday. We are going to see if our Mission President can come and talk in the special sacrament meeting.

We sure are walking and working a lot. It's been a rewarding week because we have found some new people to teach. Most of them are young men that live pretty close to the chapel and that has been good because we can walk with them to church.

I sure love you guys! I hope this week is great and joyful!

Elder Searle
125988
English Class

No comments:

Post a Comment