Monday, April 25, 2016

Good day friends,

This week was a bit crazy so I hope I can remember everything. On Tuesday we had a pretty good turn-out at English class and that was fun to teach! We got a little off topic though and I ended up teaching about the difference between to, too, two, and tu-tu. Which is even funnier in Portuguese because the words tu (which means you) and tutú (which is a bean dish that we eat a lot here). I think it was a little confusing for everyone.

The best part of the week was on Saturday when Agda was baptized!! Her dad, who was baptized a little over a year ago, was able to preform the ordinance and it was a really special meeting. She was the last of the three children to accept the gospel. Something really cool is that 5 months ago when her brother Daniel was baptized, the bishop of our ward sent a message to Marilene (their mom) saying that the spirit whispered to him that she would see her oldest daughter being baptized into the Lord's church. Marilene was so happy and emotional when the bishop's prophecy came true. It was really great to work with Agda these past few weeks!

Gabriel is getting close to baptism. He shared the scripture in Primary this Sunday and is really enjoying the church! He has been coming for almost 3 months and I can't wait for him to become a member!

Elder Dedeco and I have started a competition of how many push ups we can do each week. Needless to say my chest is very sore.

We have been working for a while with a family that lives close to our apartment. This week we are bringing the bishop there to hopefully get them a little more excited! They have all received an answer about the church but something is still getting in the way of them fully accepting the gospel. I hope we can figure out what it is.

Training is going well. I can see how difficult it is for a missionary to start the mission and it reminds me of how difficult it was for me. There is so much to learn and memorize. It's a little overwhelming for Elder Dedeco but he is doing really well. He is probably the most patient and obedient companion I've had so far. I really like him.

I love you guys! I hope this week is good for everyone. Remember to read your scriptures and say your prayers and eat your vegetables.

Elder Searle
111759



No comments:

Post a Comment