Monday, April 11, 2016

Dearest persons with intrest in my life,
My new companion is Elder Dedeco! He is from Santa Maria (yes, Brigham's mission!) and this is his first area. He is 24 years old and is a convert to the church from the age of 20. He has 8 siblings, but only he and his mom, who he baptized 2 months ago, are members.
Outside of background information, Elder Dedeco is an amazing missionary! He is very spiritually mature and has a real desire to do what is right. I have learned a lot from him this week as I began training. Not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous to have Elder Otávio leave me and take command of the area, but it has been a fairly smooth transition.
This week we were able to teach a lot of people. Which is good for a new missionary to get into the habit of. Our teaching pool continues to grow and the Lord is blessing us a lot. We were able to eat lunch with Denise and Wellington/Bruna yesterday which was really great. I believe that Cida (the mom of Denise and Bruna) will soon choose to follow her daughters' examples and be baptized. Also, we are teaching a boy who Wellington and Bruna have been bringing to church with them for quite some time named Gabriel and finishing up the lessons with another boy naed Kauan who is the son of less active members.
Julio blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday and Wellington will bless next week! I'm glad I am able to stay in this area to watch the new members grow. It's probably one of the most fulfilling things that has ever had happen to me.
Funny moment of the week- yesterday an older man tried to convince us that Abraham and Jesus were actually the same person.

I love you guys! Thank you for the support as always. Have a great week!
Elder Searle
108242
New companions Elder Dedeco and Elder Searle

New companionships

Last day with Elder Otavio.  A member made us Mario and Luigi shirts!

Elder Searle and Elder Dedeco

No comments:

Post a Comment