Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy morning!

This week was spectacular! Let's see if I can remember all that happened..

Yesterday was pretty great. We are teaching this lady named Elenice and she progressed really quickly and recieved a lot of answers to her prayers about the church. The only problem was that a month ago this guy she had met and started dating moved in with her, so she could not be baptized. But she knew the whole time that what they were doing was wrong and told him to move out during this whole week, and two days ago he finally did! And he went all the way to Porto Alegre, where he is from. And yesterday she went to church again. And we visited her after church and challenged her to be baptized this Saturday. She accepted! I hope she is able to do so.

On Wednesday we went with Edson and Nayara to set up their marriage. In Brazil that process is very complicated, but thankfully it all went smoothly and they will be married on the 23rd of March! This week we will do the same thing with another couple so that they can be baptized as well.

Yesterday we also got a new ward mission leader! He is a great man and will really help out in the work. His name is Paulo Marcelo. Him and his wife are service missionaries in the ward and help people with self-reliance.

I studied King Benjamin's address during the week. It seemed like he was saying a lot of things just for me and I know that his words are true. I love the Book of Mormon and the difference it makes in my life each day. I love seeing that difference being made in the lives of others as well. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it was translated by the power of God. I know that know man could write it, unless he was instructed by God to do so.

Have a great week guys! Thanks for all the love and support.

Elder Searle
115901





No comments:

Post a Comment